A key part of our study process will be the creation of a Community
Advisory Group. The Group will:
- Ensure that the opinions of the broader community are shared with
the IDOT project team.
- Ensure that information developed by the project team is
distributed throughout the community.
- Help to identify and evaluate transportation improvements.
- Generate interest and knowledge among the general public about the
IL 47 study.
In carrying out these functions, the CAG will play an important role
in defining the area’s important features, identifying highway
preferences, and recognizing potential highway impacts.
Advisory Group members will be expected to carry out the following
- Attend each CAG meeting and participate in Group discussion and
- Participate openly and honestly, respecting the opinions of other
- Represent their organization, constituency, or broader community
Membership on the CAG is an important job, but we also expect it to
be an educational, rewarding experience for all involved.
It is important that the CAG be both representative of all the
varied interests that exist within the project study area while
being small enough to allow the detailed level of discussion and
activities needed to accommodate meaningful interaction. We
anticipate that the membership will include representatives from the
following kinds of groups:
- Local and county government
- Area communities
- Agricultural interests
- Environmental groups
- Business organizations
- Area homeowners associations
- Bicycling interests
We would also like the participation of area residents. These are
individuals who may not officially represent a group but who can
reflect the views of the population in general. We expect that the
CAG will meet approximately four times over the course of the 18
If you would like to be a member of the CAG, then we would like to
hear from you. Please complete one of our CAG Membership Application
forms. We would like to receive all forms no later than November 17,
Results of Community Context Audit
January 27, 2011 Community Advisory Group Meeting
April 14, 2011 Community Advisory Group Meeting
Stakeholder Involvement Plan April, 2011
September 13, 2011 Community Advisory Group
January 10, 2012 Community Advisory Group Meeting
Bureau of Design and Environment Manual